Before you can assign a vSphere Security Policy, your virtual machine (VM) resources must be organized first into NSX Security Group. This article states how to create NSX Security Group for Deep Security 9.5.
To create a new NSX Security Group:
- On your vSphere Web Client, go to the Security Groups tab > Networking & Security > Service Composer.
- From the Service Composer page, click the New Security Group icon.
- Enter the name of your Security Group in the Name and description option.
- Include the NSX cluster that contains the hosts and VMs that you want to protect.
- From the Select objects to include option, click the Filter tab.
- Click Cluster.
- Select the NSX cluster that contains the VMs to be protected.
- Click Finish to create the new Security Group.
- Verify the newly created Security Group by checking the Security Groups tab.