Previous versions of Deep Security has no Deep Security Relay (DSR) installer. Learn how you can enable the Relay Functionality on Deep Security Agent.
Below are some reminders on activating the Relay Functionality:
- If you are running Windows Firewall or iptables, you also need to add a Firewall Rule that allows TCP/IP traffic on port 4122 on the Relay.
- Relays are organized into Relay Groups. Newly created Relays are automatically assigned to the Default Relay Group. The Default Relay Group is configured to retrieve Security and Software Updates from the primary Update source defined in the Deep Security Manager on the Administration > System Settings > Updates tab.
- Currently, once the agent has been enabled to a relay, you cannot cancel the relay function for this agent.
To enable the Relay Functionality, follow the appropriate procedure below:
Deep Security Agent 10.0 and below
- Make sure that the Adding a new computer and activation process is finished.
- On the Deep Security Manager, go to the Computers screen.
- Double-click the Agent where you want to enable the Relay Functionality to open its Computer Editor window.
- On the Computer Editor window, go to Overview > Actions.
- Under Agent Software section, click Enable Relay.
The Deep Security Manager will install the plug-ins required by the Relay Module, and the Agent will begin to function as a Deep Security Relay.
Deep Security Agent 11.0 and above
Starting from Deep Security 11.0, the Deep Security Relay Management can be configured by navigating to Administration > Updates > Relay Management.
For more information, please refer to this article: Distribute security and software updates with relays.