The issue occurs when the Information Server (IS) and Normal Server (NS) are not installed in the default location. For example, the IS and NS are installed on D:\SPROTECT directory, while the management console is installed on C:\Program Files\Trend\SProtect directory.
To resolve the issue, do the same procedure when applying a patch to the management console which is not associated with the computer hosting the IS:
- Apply the patch to the Information Server.
- Close the Management Console.
- Go to the Management Console home directory.
For example, C:\Program Files\Trend\SProtect.
- Back up the following files to another location:
- Locate the Information Server home directory
For example, D:\SPROTECT.
- Copy the following:
- Replace those files in the Management Console home directory with the copied files from the IS home directory.
After updating the management console, the Filer Mode option will be available when adding filer.