Configure IMSS or IMSVA to create a filter to quarantine MML tagged emails.
MML mails are marketing emails from a legitimate company whose IP address is included in our MML database.
By default, mails that are tagged as MML are not detected by IMSS/IMSVA. However, you can also filter and quarantine MML tagged emails if you want to.
To enable MML tagging:
- Open the imss.ini file using a text editor.
- Look for the MML section. If the MML section does not exists in the imss.ini file, add the following lines at the bottom of the file.
mml_subject_tag=(Insert the mail subject tag here in English)
mml_exception_ip_list=(The list of IP addresses and address groups to be added to the exception list)
- By default, the mml_subject_tag is empty.
The delimiter is ";" for individual IP addresses and "/" between IP and mask for group IP addresses.
For example: 192.168.0.1;192.168.0.1;192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Restart the IMSS Scan Service.