The shared folder of OfficeScan server is named "ofcscan" located in C:/program files/Trend Micro/Officescan/PCCSRV folder. It is not recommended to disable this folder because doing so may cause update or client communication issues. Besides, everyone in the group has read, list contents, and execute permissions only.
The following issues may occur when ofcscan shared folder is deactivated:
- The client cannot launch autopcc.exe for installation and update.
- The server's Start menu shortcut does not work because it uses UNC path.
- Uninstalling the server may fail because the program looks for files in UNC.
- Server upgrade may also fail.
- The client with failed update cannot directly download files from the server if there is no shared UNC.
- The UNC quarantine folder does not work.