- Becomes unresponsive or experiences a blue diagnostic screen (BSOD)
- Performance issues when opening various applications
- Virtual machines become unresponsive with a black screen during login for 40 seconds or more
- Occurs when running on these VMware ESX versions/builds: ESXi 5.5 GA, ESXi 5.5 Update 1, or ESXi 5.1 Patch 03 with VMware Tools versions 9.4.5, 9.4.0, 9.0.5, including the VMCI vShield driver
- The vShield Endpoint Thin Agent driver (vsepflt.sys) and the vShield Endpoint TDI Manager driver (vnetflt.sys) cause a non-paged pool memory leak on the Microsoft guest operating system where the endpoint module is installed.
- An issue in the VMware vShield Endpoint Thin Agent driver (
vsepflt.sys) causes it to continually purge the local cache. The Endpoint driver is backward compatible and supports earlier versions of the EPSec Library by doing a version negotiation.
- Apply ESXi 5.5 Patch 2 or ESXi Patch 4 to resolve the memory leak as noted in the VMware article: The vShield Endpoint Thin Agent driver (vsepflt.sys) and the vShield Endpoint TDI manager driver (vnetflt.sys) cause a non-paged pool memory leak (2077302).
- Contact VMware to get a copy of the hotpatch needed to resolve the VMware vShield Endpoint Thin Agent driver version negotiation issue that causes DSVA to become unresponsive. Refer to the VMware article: Systems running MOVE Agentless 3.0 on ESXi 5.5 suffer performance issues or become unresponsive (2077305).