This article discusses how to edit the time zone settings on the base Deep Security Virtual Appliance which is set to UTC by default.
To change the time zone settings:
- Go to the Center Server client and access the DSVA console.
- Press ALT + F2 to open the non-graphical interface.
This opens the command line interface (CLI).
- Switch to root by executing the command below:
- Enter the default password "dsva".
- Back up the old time zone settings. Run the following command:
cp /etc/localtime /etc/localtime-old
- Go to the directory /usr/share/zoneinfo. Run the following commands:
The list of time zone regions will be displayed.
- Choose the most appropriate region and replace the /etc/localtime file.
For example, to set the local time in Shanghai, run the following command:
cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Shanghai /etc/localtime
- To verify that the time zone has been set, run the "date" command.