When OfficeScan agents are connected using Virtual Private Networking (VPN), these agents disappear from the web console. This happens even when the VPN connection uses the same Media Access Control (MAC) address.
This issue occurs when OfficeScan agents with different IP addresses report to the server using the same MAC address. The server fails to identify the agent as a new agent, and prevents them from registering appropriately with the server because that MAC address is already in use.
To resolve the issue:
- Make sure you have installed OfficeScan 11.0 Patch 1 or later.
- Open the ..\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Private\ofcserver.ini file.
- Look for [INI_SERVER_SECTION] and add the following line:
0 = Allows OfficeScan agents to report to server using the same MAC address
1 = (Default) Prevents OfficeScan agents from reporting to server using the same MAC address
- Save the file.
- Restart the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Perform a manual update on one of the affected machines.
Any machines with the same MAC address should now appear on the web console.