When you manually update the Smart Scan of OfficeScan (OSCE), it fails and the following error shows:
Update unsuccessful. Try to update again or contact your support provider if this issue persists [errno: 232].
Upon checking the diagnostic.log, it displays the following:
 [ERROR] [Update_FRS.cpp (153)] The counter of continuous download full TBL is reached the limitation, stop AU update. (ContFullTBLPtnCount=168, MaxDownloadFullTBL=168
To resolve the issue:
- Open the OSCE web console and navigate to Administration > Smart Protection > Integrated Server.
- Untick the Enable File Reputation Service check box.
- Click Save.
- Open the ..\PCCSRV\WSS\FRSUpdateCounter.ini file using Notepad.
- Set the counter "CONT_FULL_TBLPTN_COUNT" to "0" and save the file.
- Delete the ...\PCCSRV\WSS\diagnostic.log file.
- Edit the ...\PCCSRV\WSS\log.ini file with the following information:
LogEnable = 1
LogLevel = 4
- Save the file.
- Reactivate the File Reputation Service by ticking again the Enable File Reputation Service check box.
- Check if the issue is resolved by clicking the Update Now button for Smart Scan Pattern.
If the issue persists, submit the ...\PCCSRV\WSS\diagnostic.log file to Trend Micro Technical Support.