Know what to do when the system tray icon for your Trend Micro SafeSync program has disappeared.
To re-enable the Trend Micro SafeSync program, chose one of the solutions below:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro SafeSync folder > Trend Micro SafeSync.
An icon on the system tray that says "Updating file database" will appear.
- Wait for your Trend Micro SafeSync program to synchronize the files stored in your SafeSync folder.
A message that says all your files are up-to-date will appear.
- Go to Start > Trend Micro SafeSync > SafeSync Tools > Uninstall Trend Micro SafeSync.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Restartafter uninstalling SafeSync.
- Go to the SafeSync website and click Download Now.
- Double-click the SafeSync installer after the download is finished.
- Read the License Agreement and click Agree to proceed with the installation.
- Choose the location for your SafeSync Folder and click Install.
Wait for the installation to finish.
You should see the SafeSync icon in your system tray again.