The following message appears after installing the WFBS agent using the client package installer:
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2203.
The issue occurs due to Microsoft problems such as MSI service and missing permissions in temp folder.
To solve the error, do the following:
- Go to Start > Run.
Type services.msc in the field and click OK.
Right-click the Windows Installer then click Stop.
- Go to C:\Windows\Temp directory and delete the contents of the folder. (Ask permission to the customer to delete the contents on the folder).
- Proceed to C:\Windows directory.
- Right-click the Temp folder and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab, click Edit, then click Add.
Search Everyone in the field.
- Tick the Full permission option and select OK to allow complete access.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type services.msc in the field and click OK.
Right-click the Windows Installer then click Start.
You may now reinstall the Security Agent and the error should no longer appear.