When notified of an identical GUID, an OfficeScan client machine can modify its GUID without using imgsetup.exe.
The following procedure can be used when you are using Citrix XenApp with Provisioning Services (PVS) and the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) option is disabled.
To update the duplicate GUID:
- Install an OSCE client on one machine, and treat this machine as a master image.
Do not install imgsetup.exe in this installation process.
- Disconnect the client machine from the network and reboot it.
- Change the hostname and IP address of the client machine.
- Connect the client machine back to the network and establish connection with the OSCE server. The GUID should now be changed.
As an enhancement, you may apply the appropriate hot fix to immediately notify the client whenever a duplicate GUID is detected.
- For OfficeScan 10.5, apply Hot Fix 2404.
For OfficeScan 10.6, apply Service Pack 3 (SP3) Patch 1.1 which includes Hot Fix 5316.
To get the necessary fixes, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.