During Deep Security Agent (DSA) installation on Linux environment, you get the following error
Event 1008: Kernel Unsupported
Description: The VFS_Filter Driver cannot be installed because your computer kernel, (kernel version), is currently unsupported.
To verify if the Operating System (OS) and kernel version of the Linux machine are supported, run the following command on the terminal:
If the kernel version is supported and the correct agent version is installed, and the issue persists, use the following workaround:
- Make sure to import the corresponding Deep Security Agent installer and kernel support package into Deep Security Manager (DSM). These appear in the Local Download Center on the DSM web console.
- Select the installer from the Local Download Center and click Export Package.
- Extract the RPM Package Manager (RPM) file and the corresponding DSP file (Plugin-VFS_Filter_xxx).
- Copy these files to the Linux machine and run the RPM. Follow the installation process of the Linux agent.
When the installer sees the DSP files on the same location as the RPM file, it also installs the plugin.
- Go to the DSM console to activate the agent.
The installation issue should now be resolved.