This article resolves high CPU consumption of the Deep Security Manager.exe process on Deep Security Manager (DSM) machine.
The large amount of resources consumed might be due to debug logging accidentally enabled or after an upgrade.
To disable debug:
- Stop the Deep Security Manager service.
- Open the logging.properties file under ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Deep Security Manager\jre\lib\.
- Comment out or place "#" sign in front of all lines after this line: "For example, set the com.xyz.foo logger to only log SEVERE messages".
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Start the Deep Security Manager service.
If the issue persists, it may be caused by the option Perform ongoing Recommendation Scans set to 'Yes' on the policy. The feature silently scans for the recommendation in the background without showing the status on the Deep Security Manager console. Once a recommendation scan is completed, another scan takes place for another agent.
Also check that the setting “CPU Usage During Recommendation Scans” is configured to Medium under Administration > System Settings > Advanced. This will help consume CPU usage to up to 50% only.
Reference for CPU Usage:
- High = up to 100% of CPU Usage
- Medium = up to 50 % of CPU Usage
- Low = up to 25% of CPU Usage.