This article resolves high CPU consumption of the Deep Security Manager.exe process on Deep Security Manager (DSM) machine.
The large amount of resources consumed might be due to debug logging accidentally enabled or after an upgrade.
To disable debug:
- Stop the Deep Security Manager service.
- Open the logging.properties file under ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Deep Security Manager\jre\lib\.
- Comment out or place "#" sign in front of all lines after this line: "For example, set the com.xyz.foo logger to only log SEVERE messages".
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Start the Deep Security Manager service.
If the issue still persists, it may be caused by the option Perform ongoing Recommendation Scans set to Yes on the policy. The feature silently scans for recommendation in the background without showing the status on the Deep Security Manager console. Once a recommendation scan is completed, another scan takes place for another agent.
To resolve this issue, set the Perform ongoing Recommendation Scans option to No. To prevent such high CPU usage, use the Scheduled Task to run the Recommendation Scan.