In some environment, outgoing access is restricted and forced IP/MAC address authentication is needed.
This article contains the information that you need to know about the outgoing IP/MAC address of the internal Virtual Analyzer that can help in this scenario.
Enable the internal Virtual Analyzer from DDI Admin Console by selecting either one of the network options and provide the corresponding outgoing source IP/MAC addresses:
- Outgoing source IP: management interface IP of DDI
- Outgoing source MAC address: management interface MAC address of DDI
- Outgoing source IP: NAT server's WAN IP
- Outgoing source MAC address: MAC address of VirtualBox's virtual router (different than the actual MAC of data port used for specified network)
To get the MAC address used for specified network, capture the packet files to trace the MAC address:
- Go to Administration > Global Settings > Network Interface Settings > Appliance IP Settings.
- Get the network capture with the data port used for the specified network. For example, Data Port 2.
Connect to the internet to allow Virtual Analyzer to analyze the sample.Internet access is needed for this step to check the source IP/MAC address of the network option to confirm them on the Specified Network.
- Capture the packet file using the Wireshark tool to trace the MAC address.