When you change the password on your domain account, which is the same password used for IM Security installation, the service stopped working. You may need to uninstall IM Security. This article shows the procedure on uninstalling IM Security manually.
To uninstall IM Security:
- Stop IM Security related services:
- Trend Micro IM Security Server
- Trend Micro IM Security System Attendant
- SQL Server (IMSECURITY)
- Delete the registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\IM Security\ if the IM Security is version 1.6 and is freshly installed. If the version was upgraded, there might still be entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432\TrendMicro\IM Security\.
- Delete the IM Security website from IIS or Apache server.
- Uninstall SQL IMSECURITY instance component from the Control Panel.
- Delete the IM Security WMI configuration settings.
- Install WMI Administrative Tools.
- From the Start menu, open the WMI Tools > WMI CIM Studio.
- Connect to Trend Micro Namespace.
- On the left panel, click _SystemClass > _NAMESPACE.
- From the toolbar on the upper right panel, click the Instance button.
- When the instance component appears, double-click on any field of the instance.
- Click the Delete button on the toolbar to delete IM Security Namespace.
- Delete the program shortcut.
- Open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
- Delete this folder: Trend Micro IM Security for Microsoft Office Communications Server.
- Delete IM Security services.
- Open a command prompt.
To delete Trend Micro IM Security Server service, input:
sc delete IMSHostService
To delete Trend Micro IM Security System Attendant service, input:
sc delete IMSSAService
- Remove IM Security files. For example, delete all files under C:\Program Files (x86)\IM Security.
- Use Microsoft Fixit tool for the programs that cannot be installed or uninstalled.
- Delete the IM Security notification account [IMS_ServerName] account in Active Directory Users.