This article serves as a guide to filter emails with attached files by file names. For example, you receive an email with the DHL_report_51815437988.pdf attached file that you want to block.
Create a rule using the asterix wildcard to filter attachment file name matching DHL_report_*.pdf:
- Go to Policy > Policy List.
- Click Add > Other.
- Select Recipients and Senders. This rule will apply to incoming messages.
- Choose Recipients and enter "your Domain: *@<your_domain>". Make sure that the Sender option is from "Anyone".
- Click Next to go to "Step 2: Select Scanning Conditions".
- Under the Attachment section, select Name or extension.
- Choose Attachment name and type the file name with the asterix wildcard. For example, "DHL_report_*.pdf".
- Click Save.
You will stop receiving any attached file with the same file name that you have blocked in emails.