OfficeScan 11.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is now available. Know the highlights in this new release.
The following are included in OSCE 11.0 SP1:
- Connected Threat Defense: OfficeScan integrates with Deep Discovery via Control Manager to deliver rapid response (real-time signature updates) to endpoints when a new threat is detected locally by the sandbox. This enables faster time-to-protection and reducing the spread of malware.
- Ransomware Protection: With ransomware (a form of malware which encrypts a target computer until the victim pays a ransom) on the rise, Trend Micro is stepping up its protection and detection. The new approach in OfficeScan is looking for the ransomware behavior so it doesn't depend exclusively on signatures or a specific removal tool. It monitors for any suspicious file encryption activities at the endpoint and stops the malicious encryption activity by terminating or quarantining the process.
- Data Loss Prevention (iDLP) & Encryption Integration: When a user attempts to move a file or data to a USB or cloud storage (i.e. DropBox, etc) channel, the iDLP policy can be configured to allow but automatically encrypt it with Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption.
- Control Manager Integration Updates: Additional advanced policy and configuration management options for scan exclusion, schedule scan extension, and schedule scan time.
- Smart Protection Suites: This new version of OfficeScan is a critical component of our Smart Protection Suites, which deliver even more gateway and endpoint protection capabilities like application whitelisting, vulnerability shielding, encryption, DLP, and more in a single compelling package.
- Multi-language improvements: For our OfficeScan customers using agents across multiple languages across their environment, we have simplified the management with a multi-language common agent that can communicate with the same OfficeScan server.
For more information about this release, please refer to OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 Online Help and Admin Guide.
You can download OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 via Trend Micro Download Center.