The following error message appears when trying to install the Plug-in Manager:
Installation Cannot Proceed
The wizard was interrupted before Trend Micro Plug-in Manager could be completely installed.
Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.
The PLM_upgrade.log contains the following entries:
Property(C): POPUP_MSG_IDF_EXISTED = Unable to uninstall Plug-in Manager because Intrusion Defense Firewall is still installed. Uninstall Intrusion Defense Firewall from the Add/Remove Programs screen and then try uninstalling Plug-in Manager again.
The installation error shows when Plug-in Manager registry entries, folders, or files remain after a previous failed installation attempt, or when the files become corrupted.
To resolve this issue, remove the Plug-in Manager remnants:
- Delete the following registry entries:
- Delete the following folders:
- Delete the following files:
- Run the Plug-in Manager installer.
- Restart the OSCE Master Service and the Plug-in Manager service via the Windows Services console (services.msc).
- Verify that the Plug-in Manager Service is installed.
- Check if the Plug-in Manager dashboard can be accessed without any errors.
If the Plug-in Manager Service is installed and the dashboard can be opened without errors, then the procedure is successful.