Microsoft has changed the upgrade process for Windows with its Windows 10 OS. Instead of a new version of Windows every few years, they now provide a full feature upgrade approximately every 6 months.
According to Microsoft, Windows servicing contains the following three (3) channels:
- Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) - also known as Current Branch (CB)
- Semi-Annual Channel - also known as Current Branch (CB)
- Long-Term Servicing Channel - also known as Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB)
Please refer to the following article for more information: Overview of Windows as a service.
As these are major changes to the operating system, we also provide patches for our products to verify compatibility with the changes made. These patches are generally released within one (1) month of the Microsoft Windows 10 Feature Upgrade release.
We recommend to hold off on updating Windows to the new release until after the OfficeScan/Apex One agents have applied the appropriate patch, as doing so beforehand may result in incompatibilities. Incompatibilities may include performance issues, program crashes, and even system BSoDs.
Starting from Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Trend Micro requested a Windows Update (WU) Offer Block as well as a Setup Block from Microsoft. Both methods validate driver versions before allowing the install to continue.
- Offer Block - If you try to retrieve and apply the Windows 10 Update via Windows Update before applying the required Trend Micro Critical Patch (CP), you will not be able to obtain the update for a period of sixty (60) days from the official release of the Windows 10 Update. Please note there will be no warning message.
- Setup Block - If you try to apply the Windows 10 Update via an installation package before applying the required Trend Micro Critical Patch (CP), a warning message will appear notifying you to first upgrade the Trend Micro product.
Patches are mostly cumulative. Please read the Patch ReadMe file to verify the required prior patch level for the patch. All patches, with their compatibility information, can be found on our Download Center.
|Windows 10 Version||OfficeScan 11.0 Patch||OfficeScan XG (non-SP1) Patch||OfficeScan XG SP1 Patch||Apex One|
|Initial Windows 10||OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 CP 4150 R2 & ReadMe||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 10 RS1 (1607) - Anniversary Update||OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 P1 B6242 & ReadMe||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 10 RS2 (1703) - Creators Update||OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 P1 CP 6355 R1 & ReadMe||OfficeScan XG P1 1556 & ReadMe||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 10 RS1 (1709) - Fall Creators Update||OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 P1 CP 6469 & ReadMe||OfficeScan XG CP 1775 & ReadMe||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 10 RS4 (1803) - April 2018 Update||OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 P1 CP 6540 & ReadMe||OfficeScan XG CP 1876 & ReadMe||OfficeScan XG SP1 CP 5147 & ReadMe||Compatible|
|Windows 10 RS5 (1809) - October 2018 Update||OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 P1 CP 6583 R1 & ReadMe||OfficeScan XG CP 1905 & ReadMe||OfficeScan XG SP1 CP 5261 & ReadMe||Compatible|
|Windows 10 RS6 (1903) - May 2019 Update||TBA||OfficeScan XG CP 1952 & ReadMe||OfficeScan XG SP1 CP 5383 & ReadMe||Apex One CP1132 & ReadMe|