This solution shows how you can send samples to Trend Micro of legitimate email that is detected as spam (false positives) or undetected spam (false negatives).
To submit samples, please follow these guidelines:
- The sample should be an MSG or EML file.
- The sample should be the original mail and not forwarded.
- The sample should be submitted in compressed file (zip) format and password protected.
- The standard password for the zipped file sample is ‘virus’ otherwise it will not be processed accordingly.
- Maximum size of submitted samples is 50 MB.
To submit samples to Trend Micro, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Support Request Form and submit a support case.
- Select SPAM under the Issue Category section.
Enter the description of the issues you are having under the Description section.
- Under Upload File section, click Browse to upload the sample.
Once the upload is complete, click Next.
Go to the Product & System Information and fill out all the necessary information then click Next.
Go to the Customer Information tab and provide all the necessary information.
- Trend Micro Support will contact you via Email or Phone about the findings.