Apache Web Server may fill up the hard drive with a lot of Access and Error log files. This article contains steps in preventing the Apache web server from collecting and generating these logs.
To stop the Apache web server from collecting access and error logs:
- Stop Apache service.
- Go to "..\PCCSRV\Apache2\conf\" and back up “httpd.conf”.
- Edit the httpd.conf file using Notepad. Do the following:
- Change "LogLevel warn" and "LogLevel info" entries to "LogLevel emerg".
- Change "CustomLog logs/access.log common" and "CustomLog logs/access.log combined" entries to "#CustomLog logs/access.log combined".
- Save the changes.
- Remove previous access.log and error.log under \Apache2\logs.
- Restart the Apache service.
- Monitor the log size. It should not be more than 1KB - 3KB.