The Patch Agent is the module that Active Update (AU) uses to load engines and patterns after updating. Its debug log is different from the SPNT’s.
To enable and collect the Patch Agent log:
- Find the Patch Agent:
The folder containing the patch agent is where the Information server downloads both the engine and the pattern. The file to locate is auspnt50.zip.For an SPNX default installation, the path is C:\Program Files\Trend\SProtect\SpntShare\ServerProtect\spnt580.
- Uncompress the auspnt50.zip file and modify the configuration file:
- Replace the auspnt50.zip file with a new version:
- Select/highlight both AUSPNT50.dll and AuSpnt50.ini.
- Right-click on any of the files and click Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- Assign the name auspnt50.zip to the resulting file.
- Open the folder C:\Program Files\Trend\SProtect\SpntShare\ServerProtect\spnt580 and rename “auspnt50.zip” to “auspnt50_back.zip”.
- Copy the new version of auspnt50.zip generated above into the folder C:\Program Files\Trend\SProtect\SpntShare\ServerProtect\spnt580. Take note of its size (file size shows 43,558 bytes in the example below) as this value will be used later.
- As the size of auspnt.zip has been changed, server.ini should also be modified accordingly:
- Deploy the virus pattern / scan engine onto the target server:
- Enable debug logging level mode:
- Collect debug log file:
a. Collect the C:\AUError.txt file which, at this stage, is located in the target Normal Server.