While running a scan, the OfficeScan agent may unexpectedly launch the TSCCensus.exe process. This process is used for Smart Protection Network feedback. When this happens on the Microsoft Windows platform, Windows opens a command prompt to "C:\WINDOWS\TSCCensus.exe".
To resolve the issue, apply the hot fix appropriate for your product version:
- OfficeScan 11.0 (EN version) - Hot Fix B1988
- OfficeScan 11.0 (TC version) - Hot Fix B1995
If your version is not listed above, request the hot fix from Trend Micro Technical Support.
Follow the procedure below to apply the hot fix.
- Install the hot fix.
- Open the ofcscan.ini file under the \PCCSRV\ folder of OfficeScan server installation directory.
- Add the "EnableTSCCensus" key under the "Global Setting" section and set its value to "0".
EnableTSCCensus=0To allow TSCCensus.exe to run during scans, set the key value to "1".
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Open the OfficeScan web console and navigate to Agents > Global Agent Settings.
- Click Save to deploy the setting to agents.
The OfficeScan server deploys the command to OfficeScan agents and adds the following registry entry on all OfficeScan agent computers:
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\ PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\