In order to upgrade a compatible Deep Discovery Endpoint Sensor server, such as version 1.5.1257 (GA) to 1.5.5011 (HF), the database should be migrated with the new schema. Learn how to use the upgrade tool to perform the server upgrade.
To upgrade the existing database:
- Download the Pre-Upgrade Tool and copy to a local folder.
- Open a command line and navigate to the location of the tool.
- Run the tool with the following parameters:
PreUpgradeTool.exe -sqlpath localhost -database SmartSensor -username <username> -password <Password>
If your database is used as an instance such as SQL Express, use <ComputerName>\<InstanceName> instead of localhost.
- Wait for the Pre-Upgrade Tool to complete the process. The tool upgrades the database and shows the following messages after every stage:
Executing Upgrading... DoneLarge databases may take a while to complete. The tool also stops any SQL service running on the system.
- When the upgrade is complete, restart the SQL service.
- Run the Deep Discovery Endpoint Sensor server with hot fix installer. The installer removes the existing version and installs the version with the hot fix applied.