SPFS ensures that viruses and malware are not spread through remote shares by scanning files that are copied to and from NAS devices that are used for file storage. Its multi-scanner and multi-filer configurations deliver parallel processing for optimal load balancing and flexible failover protection.
This article shows how the EMC Isilon OneFS integrates with SPFS to provide the anti-virus solution to ICAP clients.
To add EMC Isilon OneFS to the SPFS ICAP server:
- Log on to the OneFS administration console.
- Click on Add server to add an SPFS ICAP server.
- Type in the SPFS ICAP server’s URL and description. For example:
[IP] 172.16.246.110 is the IP address of SPFS ICAP server
[Port number] 1344 is the default port number of SPFS, which is customizable.
[SPFS service name] spfs-av
The ICAP server should now be added.Its status is red because this ICAP client has not yet been added to the SPFS ICAP server.
- Go to SPFS to add the ICAP client:
- Select “Accept scan request for the following ICAP clients only” to make the Add button clickable.
- Click the Add button to add the ICAP client(s).
The SPFS ICAP server status should now be green (i.e. online).
EMC OneFS should now be added to SPFS.