You want to know the backup and restore procedure for TMES 1.6 server.
- TMES stores the investigation results and system information in a database. For those using SQL server, install a new server and connect to the previous database.
- For those using SQL express, backup and restore TMES database instance and restore by themselves.
- (Optional) If you are are using custom certification, backup the original certification file from %Trend Micro Endpoint Sensor%\CmdTool\AppInstaller\trend.pfx
Double click the EndpointSensorSetup.exe icon.
- Enter the database information to connect to the original DB.
The TMES server installation package will show the message: "This SQL instance already exists. Do you want to use this instance?". Click Yes.
Enter the administrator password you have set when you installed the TMES server.
To import a certificate:
- If you used Trend certification, choose Generate a new certification.
- To import a custom certification file, choose Import a certificate.
- The TMES server installation will use the settings obtained from the DB to continue the installation.