You encounter the following error while accessing files on NetApp Filer:
Access Denied. Contact your administrator.
This error occurs if the connectivity of the scanner to the filer is gone or if the scanners are too busy or down, then the filer decides if the users can get file access or not.
There is a setting on the NetApp Filer where you can choose what the filer will do if files are unscanned (i.e. if it will deny access or let it through to the user). This is completely controlled from the NetApp Filer side and can be configured based on customer preferences.
To check if your ServerProtect Normal Servers are communicating with the filer properly:
- Check the filer status on the Normal Server side:
- Log in to the ServerProtect Management Console.
- Highlight the Normal Server, right-click on it, and choose the filer list.
- Verify the NetApp Filer status (i.e. online/offine)
- Check the scan server status on the filer side by running the "vscan" command on the filer console.
- Make sure you have more than one scanner (i.e. Normal Server) for redundancy.
Refer to the following article for more information: Recommended ratio of SPNAF scanners and NetApp filer.
To prevent business impact:
- Make sure to apply ServerProtect for Network Appliance Filer (SPNAF) 5.8 Service Pack 1:
- To avoid user’s file requests from being unavailable whenever files are unscanned or when scanners are down, you can configure the filer to allow unscanned files for certain users. Of course there is risk there, but you can weigh the benefits versus the risk of business downtime.
Please refer to the following article for more information: Allowing file access when the scan cannot be performed.