When upgrading from IWSVA 6.5 to IWSVA 6.5 to SP1, in some cases, VM cannot boot anymore.
This is due to the grub crashing and this depends on the environment where IWSVA is installed.
To resolve the issue, do the following:
- Attach the IWSVA 6.5 ISO to the VM.
- Boot to System Recovery.
Select the following when prompted:
- Local CD/DVD
- Setup Networking > No
- Rescue > Continue
- System to Rescue > IWSVA-root
- shell Start shell > Ok
On the command prompt, execute the following:
ln -s /usr/sbin/grub /sbin/grub
grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/sysimage /dev/sda
If the commands above do not help, do the following:
- Use IWSVA6.5 or IWSVA6.5 SP1 ISO file to boot the system, and enter into the rescue mode.
Fix the grub with the following commands:
- # mount /sys /mnt/sysimage/sys -o bind
- # mount /proc /mnt/sysimage/proc -o bind
- # mount /dev/pts /mnt/sysimage/dev/pts -o bind
- # mount /dev/shm /mnt/sysimage/dev/shm -o bind
- # chroot /mnt/sysimage/
- # grub-install --no-floppy /dev/sda
- # exit
- # reboot