There are instances when saving Microsoft office temporary files in a remote file server fails. This happens in a remote file server running Deep Security Agent with Real-Time Scan enabled.
The problem occurs due to an AMSP configuration issue.
The Deep Security Agent Real-Time Scanning function has been updated to properly handle Microsoft Office temporary files. To get the update, upgrade the Deep Security Agent to the latest version.
As a workaround, perform the following:
- On the console, go to Anti-Malware > Real-Time Scan.
- Untick Inherited if it is enabled.
- On Malware Scan configuration, click Edit. The Real-Time Scan Configuration Properties window appear.
- Click the Edit button beside File List.
- Select New to open a File List window.
- Enter the following in the File List window:
- Name: Specify a name
- File: Add "*.tmp" or "c:\<tempfile directory>\*.tmp"
- Click OK to complete the settings.