In networks without an existing SMTP mail server such as Microsoft Exchange or IBM Domino, you can use a Gmail (GSuite) SMTP server to send notifications and reports from the WFBS server. You will need to reconfigure the WFBS server to send its notifications and reports via the Gmail server.
Enter the Gmail SMTP server information via the WFBS management console. The SMTP Server settings apply to all notifications and reports generated by Worry-Free Business Security.
- Log on to the WFBS security server console.
- Go to Administration > Notifications.
- Go to Email Notification.
- Change the recipient to your Gmail email address.
- Choose Save.
- Go to Administration > Global Settings.
- Select the SMTP tab.
- Enter the following information:
SMTP server: aspmx.l.google.com
Port: 25WFBS only has Basic Authentication for connecting to the SMTP server. For more information, refer to G Suite SMTP settings to send mail from a printer, scanner, or app article.
- Use Send Test Email to check if the new settings are correct.
If sending was successful, the test email should be received by the recipient email address set earlier.
If sending was unsuccessful, modify the settings or check the status of the SMTP server.
- Click Save.
Notifications and reports should now be sent successfully to the email recipient.