On October 3, 2016, VSAPI 9.90 engine was released and made available in Trend Micro Download Center. Know the supported platforms and new features included in this release.
VSAPI 9.90 engine supports the following platforms:
- Windows NTKD 32/64-bit
- Windows DLL 32/64-bit
- Linux 32/64-bit
- AIX 32/64-bit
- MAC 32/64-bit
- Solaris SPARC
- i5/OS (AS400)
- Linux ARM
Below are the new features and enhancements included in VSAPI 9.90:
- VSLOCK supports multi-thread scan on Linux X64.
- DMG and XAR file types are now supported.
- CPIO archive file extraction is now supported.
- Mach-O file type identication is enhanced.
- Universal Binary extraction is also enhanced.
- Self-protection folder is improved.
- The 7z self-extracting file is supported.
As per Trend Micro’s usual deployment for new scan engine, there will be a staggered release of VSAPI 9.90 in each product’s Active Update (AU) server over the next several weeks for different product platforms and regions. For more specific information on deployment schedule, you may contact your authorized Trend Micro technical support representative.
To get the VSAPI 9.90 prior to the deployment schedule via AU, visit the Trend Micro Download Center.