When the SSFE agent tries to synchronize, it just keeps on spinning without any notification about the progress.
To resolve the issue, do any of the following:
Option A. Rebuild the Windows client database
- Log out your SafeSync Windows client.
- Delete all files under the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\Trend Micro\OSDP.
- Delete $(sync_root)\.sync.cache.
- Log in your Safesync Windows client again.
The procedure above should rebuild the file status database and the client should properly run now.
Option B. Determine unprintable character in folder's name
The issue may occur due to unprintable character or symbol in the folder's name. To resolve the issue:
- Search for the folder with unprintable character on its name using an online text editor (e.g. http://www.editpad.org/).
- Copy and paste the folder name on the text editor. Unprintable symbol will appear as a square.
- Rename the folder to remove the unprintable character.