To update EAC components in an Air Gap Environment or highly secured network where computers have no Internet connection, you can use TMUT to create a local Active Update source for EAC.
To do this, perform the following:
- Get the latest version of the TMUT tool from Trend Micro by calling our Technical Support Hotline.
- Install TMUT on a computer with Internet connection.
- Extract the TMUT package and run the TMUT.exe file as an Administrator.
- Click About.
- To activate the tool, enter and update AC Code using your Activation Code. Click Close.
- Close TMUT via system tray icon.
- Open the "config.xml" from the extracted TMUT package using notepad and change the value of <supportAU> to "True" as shown below (default is "False"):
- Save and close the file.
- Configure the TMUT tool.
- Run TMUT.exe as Administrator and go to the Server List tab.
- Click Add and complete the needed information as follows:
Server Name: [USE ANY NAME]
- Click Ok.
- Go to Service tab and install a service name for this tool.
Optional task: You may schedule automatic download of components in TMUT utility and Auto Export function in the Option tab.
- Perform update in TMUT to duplicate ActiveUpdate (AU) source file for EAC.
- Install TMUT tool on a computer in the Air Gap Environment.
This computer or server will serve as the local ActiveUpdate server that will host the EAC components. TMUT does not need to be installed on a dedicated computer. Thus, you may prefer to install it on the EAC Server itself.
- Perform the same steps to install and configure TMUT in steps 2 and 3.
- Run TMUT.exe as the Administrator.
- In the Job Monitor tab, click Import and locate the saved copy of the exported EAC components in the previous step.
- When import is finished, go to Option tab to configure local ActiveUpdate (AU) web server host. Use the available port number on the computer or server where you are installing TMUT tool. Click Save when done.
- Configure the Download Source of the EAC Server to use TMUT local AU Web Server.
- Log on to EAC Server Management console and go to Updates tab.
- In the Component Download Source, select Internet or network server: and specify the URL of the local AU Server.
Update Now button appears if EAC Server successfully connects to the local AU Server. Otherwise, review your TMUT settings to check if you have properly configured your local AU source.
- Click Update Now to update EAC Components.
For assistance in using this tool, please call our Technical Support Hotline.