Trend Micro Vulnerability Identifier(s): 2016-0033, 0117, VRTS-193, 143, 145
CVSS 2.0 Score(s): 6.0
CVSS 3.0 Score(s): 4.3-6.5
Severity Rating(s): Medium
Trend Micro has released a new build of Trend Micro Control Manager 6.0. This build resolves multiple vulnerabilities which could potentially allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on vulnerable installations.
|Control Manager||Version 6.0||Windows||English|
Trend Micro has released the following solutions to address the issue:
|Control Manager||Version 6.0 build 3506*||Readme||Windows||Now|
*Version 6.0 build 3506 requires Version 6.0 SP3 Patch 2 as a prerequisite.
Customers are encouraged to visit Trend Micro’s Download Center to obtain prerequisite software (such as Service Packs) before applying any of the solutions above.
This update resolves multiple vulnerabilities in Trend Micro Control Manager 6.0:
1. XML External Entity (XXE) Processing.
2. A remote attacker could potentially attain code execution, elevated privleges, or directory traversal abilities on the server.
3. A remote attacker could initiate SQL injection attacks, allowing them to execute SQL commands to upload and execute arbitrary code that may harm the target system.
Due to the seriousness of these vulnerabilities, customers are highly encouraged to update to the latest build as soon as possible.
Exploiting these type of vulnerabilities generally require that an attacker has access (physical or remote) to a vulnerable machine. In addition to timely application of patches and updated solutions, customers are also advised to review remote access to critical systems and ensure policies and perimeter security is up-to-date.
However, even though an exploit may require several specific conditions to be met, Trend Micro strongly encourages customers to update to the latest builds as soon as possible.
Trend Micro would like to thank the following individuals for responsibly disclosing these issues and working with Trend Micro to help protect our customers:
- Steven Seeley of Source Incite working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative
- Spyridon Chatzimichail of OTE Hellenic Telecommunications Organization S.A
- Vincent Hutsebaut of NCIA / NCIRC
The following advisories may be found at Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative Published Advisories site: