The following are situations where you may need to use the CUT Tool for OfficeScan:
- When the OfficeScan agent gets corrupted, you cannot remove it completely using the usual way.
- If you forget the uninstall password for the OfficeScan agent.
- The Agent lost the managing server and you cannot remove it without the password.
- You want to remove the old version and install a new version of the agent at the same time.
- The Agent cannot upgrade and you want to replace it with a new version.
The following are information about the CUT Tool & OfficeScan Common Uninstall Tool:
- The CUT Tool for OfficeScan can remove corrupted OfficeScan agent program without needing an uninstall password, and it can help auto-install a new Agent based on the customer's setup packages.
- The CUT Tool is the advanced version of OfficeScan Common Uninstall Tool.
- The CUT Tool can help a user reinstall a new Agent and remove an old agent at the same time.
- The CUT Tool depends on the OfficeScan Common Uninstall Tool to remove client.
- The CUT Tool is much easier to use than the OfficeScan Common Uninstall Tool.
- The CUT Tool is a command line program that does not need user intervention.
- The CUT Tool also supports silent mode, while OfficeScan Common Uninstall Tool does not have a silent mode.
- The CUT Tool is passcode protected as well as self-expiring.
To get a copy of the the CUT Tool package, contact Trend Micro Technical Support .