A 404.2 error appears when viewing the Plug-in page of the OSCE console.
To resolve the error:
- Check the IIS log (C:\inetpub\logs\logfiles\W3svc3 and the latest file if it shows a 404.2 error), which stands for ISAPI or CGI restriction.
If the request is denied, it is because the associated ISAPI or CGI has not been unlocked. Therefore, a 404.2 error is returned:
.../officescan/console/html/cgi/cgiShowAoS.exe ID=OSCE_ADDON_AOSMGR&URLROUTE=aosmgr_ping_server 4343 - 404 2 1260
- In IIS applicationhost.config, if no cgiShowAoS.exe and isapiAoSDispatcher.dll files are added in the <isapiCgiRestriction> section with the "Allowed" permission, add both 'cgiShowAoS.exe' and 'isapiAoSDispatcher.dll' in the <isapiCgiRestriction> section:
- Open IIS Manager.
- In the Home pane, double-click ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.
- In the Actions pane, click Add....
- In the "Add ISAPI or CGI Restriction" dialog box:
- Type the path to the binary: …\PCCSRV\web_osce\Web_Console\CGI\cgiShowAoS.exe.
- Type the following description: Trend Micro Plug-in Manager.
- Select the "Allow extension path" option to execute the checkbox that allows the binary to run on the server.
- Click OK.
- Repeat Step c to add ...\PCCSRV\web_osce\Web\CGI\isapiAoSDispatcher.dll as well.
- Stop and restart the OfficeScan Master Service, World Wide Web Publishing Service, and IIS Admin Service.