During an IMSVA upgrade from a lower version, you get an error message:
Network setting (IPV4/IPV6) Invalid. The minimum hardware or software requirements for IMSVA have not been met.
- No MAC address is defined in ifcfg-eth0.
- HWADDR was removed after copying the VM to another location.
- IMSVA network does not start properly.
- SSH to IMSVA with root account.
- Confirm the MAC address of the port eth0 with command "#ifconfig". The result of this command should give you a line similar to the following:
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr [MAC Address]
- Copy the value of HWaddr, which is the MAC address of eth0.
- Backup /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and then open it with vi command:
#cp /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth0.bak
Then add the following line. (Use MAC address from the previous step.)
HWADDR=[MAC address found in the previous step]
- Save the file.
- Restart network service:
#service network restart
- Proceed to upgrade by following page 5-17 to 5-20 of the IMSVA 9.0 Installation Guide.
Especially, pay attention to the following statement:
Do not restart IMSVA services until all devices have been upgraded.
Do not run /mnt/backup/dry_run.sh or /mnt/backup/confirm.sh on any of the parent or child device before you finish upgrading all the devices.
In case other errors occur, take screenshots and collect /var/app_data/installlog.