This error usually occurs if the default website is not available or was deleted.
To resolve the issue:
- Open IIS Manager.
- In the Connections tree on the left side, right-click Sites node under your machine.
- Click Add Website.
- Enter "Default Web Site" as a Site name.
- Set Application pool back to DefaultAppPool!.
- Set Physical path to %SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot.
- Leave Binding and everything else as is:
IP address: All Unassigned
- Stop OfficeScan Master Service.
- Clean up the files in C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp.
- Open services.msc with Administrator privilege.
- Check whether OfficeScan_Master_Setup_Serivce exists or not.
If it exists, please remove the service.
- Run CMD as administrator:
sc delete OfficeScan_Master_Setup_Serivce
- Open Command Prompt with administrator privilege.
- Run "C:\Windows\system32\PkgMgr.exe /iu:IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility;IIS-LegacySnapIn;IIS-Metabase" and check if any error occurs.
- Extract the OfficeScan XG full package (you can use 7zip).
- Run setup.exe.
- After the window "Welcome to the OfficeScan Setup program" pops up, find all the SvrSvcSetup.exe files in C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp and replace them with this SvrSvcSetup.exe .
- Check if the issue still persists.