This article provides a detailed explanation of HES Approved list features and what it bypasses.
When a domain or sender email address is added, it will bypass the scanning of the following criteria:
- Phish and other suspicious content
- Web Reputation
Social Engineering attack
- Perform advanced analysis to identify threats
- IP Reputation-based filtering
To add Approved Senders, go to the Adding Senders section in the HES Administrator's Guide.
IP Approved List
IP reputation-based filters use only IP Address data to filter messages and an IP added to this list will not bypass the scanning for spam and phish, graymail, web reputation social engineering, malware and content scanning. IP addresses added on this will ONLY bypass the following:
- Dynamic Reputation Settings control how HES uses the dynamic IP reputation database from Email Reputation Services Advanced Service.
Standard IP Reputation Settings control how HES uses the standard IP reputation database from Email Reputation Services Standard Service.
- Known Spam Source
- Dynamically Assigned IP (DUL – Dynamic Users List)
- Emerging Threat List(ETL-Emerging Threat List)
Web Reputation Approved List
Web Reputation Approved List bypasses scanning and blocking of URLs that you consider safe. Domains and IP addresses added to the Web Reputation Approved List will not be scanned by HES.
For the steps, refer to the Managing Web Reputation Approved List section in the HES Administrator's Guide.
Click image to enlarge