On May 3, 2017, at approximately 7:16 (GMT), Trend Micro received several customer reports of potential false detections of GoogleUpdateSetup.exe using Trend Micro products with Smart Scan Agent Pattern (13.377.00).
At approximately 12:46 (GMT), Smart Scan Agent Pattern (13.379.00) was released to resolve the issue and is now available in the Download Center and ActiveUpdate.
- Update to the Global Smart Scan Agent pattern 13.379.00 via ActiveUpdate. Refer to the following KB article for details on how to configure the update: OfficeScan client update configuration and process.
- If you are unable to update to the new 13.379.00 pattern, you can add the following directory(ies) and file(s) to the OfficeScan Real Time Scan exclusion list as a workaround.
To configure the scan exclusions list:
- For OSCE 10.6: Networked Computers > Client Management > Scan Settings > Real-time Scan Settings
- For OSCE 11.0/XG: Agents > Agent Management > Scan Settings > Real-time Scan Settings
Files to be excluded:
- <Installation directory>Program Files\Google\Update\220.127.116.11\GoogleUpdateSetup.exe
- After successfully updating to pattern 13.379.00, the directories should be removed from the exclusion list.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused, and encourage any customer that has questions or needs further assistance to contact their authorized Trend Micro support representative.
For further inquiries, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.