Trend Micro EAC 2.0 SP1 Patch 1 is now available in Download Center.
This release is cumulative and contains all product changes released since EAC 2.0 SP1 GM Build. The following are product enhancements and resolved known issues in this release:
- Improved rule processing performance, solving slow rule content processing to quickly display rule and conflict resolution previews
- Support for incremental rule content transfer to solve slow agent response to rule content update that requires large data transfers
- Support for incremental inventory transfer to solve high resource and data transfers for subsequent inventory updates
- Support for single policy transfer per endpoint instead of per user if all users having the same policy, to solve high resource usage when deploying policy updates to endpoints
- Support for single inventory transfer per endpoint instead of per user, to solve high resource and disk usage for all inventory updates
- Improved agent and server ping to send a single ping per endpoint instead of per user, to solve high network volume with many small ping messages
- Actively management of agent & server communication to avoid high traffic load situations where all agents communicate at once, and avoid excessive communication retries
- Added fine-grained choices to the policy configuration of agent communication intervals to close the gap between 1 hour and 1 day interval settings
- Added support for matching certificates contained in certificate catalogs, to solve known issue files that have their signing information stored in catalogs that could not be matched with certificate rules
- Changed active update to use secure HTTPS communication by default
- Changed server certificate for new installations to be based on SHA256 hashes instead of SHA1
- Improved self-protection in agent, solves local code injection vulnerability (CVE-2017-5565)
Resolved Known Issues
- Issue: Allow rules with trusted source enabled do not work within the Windows directory.
Solution: Forced Windows directory whitelisting is removed to be able to apply trust source feature to native Windows applications.
- Issue: Applications cannot be blocked in the Windows directory.
Solution: Forced Windows directory whitelisting is removed.
- Issue: Inconsistent rule delivery status is up-to-date when agent doesn't have latest changes.
Solution: Up-to-date detection is improved.
- Issue: The rule "Add/Edit UI: Resolve conflicts" has empty columns until pressing "Reset Columns" for large conflict lists.
Solution: Issue is fixed.
- Issue: 3rd-party libraries and runtime environments have outdated versions.
Solution: Runtime environments and libraries in server, agent and installers, are updated.
- Issue: Agent version 1550 is not available for download and deployment in EAC Server web UI.
Solution: Upgrade the EAC server to 2.0 SP1 Patch 1.
- Issue: Agent version 1550 is not available for download and deployment in EAC Agent Deployment Tool of OfficeScan Plug-in Manager page.
Solution: Follow KB 1117366to manually add an alternate active update location for Agent version 1550.