The EAC web management console becomes unavailable after upgrading the AC server to a newer version or build, and you encounter either of the following errors:
“The Endpoint Application Control server doesn’t seem to be online.”
“Page cannot be displayed.”
This occurs when the installer package encounters problems stopping all EAC Server services, and/or is unable to completely delete some of the web application binaries after performing a backup during the upgrade.
To resolve this issue:
- Log on to the EAC Server.
- Open the Services MMC (services.msc) and stop the Trend Micro Endpoint Application Control Service.
- Open Windows Explorer (explorer.exe), go to %PROGRAMFILES%\Trend Micro\Endpoint Application Control\AcServer\webapps and delete the acserver folder. There is no need to create a backup copy of the acserver folder before deleting it. Also, make sure that there are no other folders or files residing in the webapps directory except the folders acserver and tmeac, and the files acserver.war and tmeac.war.
- Start the Trend Micro Endpoint Application Control Service from the Services MMC.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes before accessing the EAC Web Management Console using Internet Explorer.