Users may encounter performance-related issues and in some cases hang when another antivirus software is running alongside the WFBS-SVC.
It is not recommended to have two antivirus software installed on an endpoint running at the same time. The hooking that an antivirus does on the Windows OS can easily conflict with another antivirus doing the same hooking leading to performance-related issues and sometimes hang.
WFBS-SVC offers multiple layer of security at the endpoint level. This is accomplished by features built-in to its Agent such as Web and File Reputation, Behavior Monitoring, Ransomware Protection, Predictive Machine Learning, Application Control, Personal Firewall and more to combat all types of threats leveraging Trend Micro's Smart Protection Network. For more information, visit the Worry-Free Sevices page.
With WFBS-SVC, you do not need to install another antivirus in your computer and we highly recommend that you uninstall your existing antivirus to prevent any potential issue you may encounter caused by conflict between two antivirus software. However, in the event that you really need to have another antivirus running on your computer, Trend Micro can try to whitelist the other antivirus from WFBS-SVC using our best effort but does not guarantee that all issues related to the conflict will be resolved.
You may send the following to Technical Support for analysis:
- Exact symptoms and all troubleshooting steps done.
- Complete Memory Dump. For the instructions, refer to the KB article: Generating a full memory dump on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7.
- Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) Logs. For the instructions, refer to the KB article: Using the CDT to collect the information needed by Technical Support.
- Install directory of the other antivirus software.
- Copy of the other antivirus software's agent installer.