The default settings in Vulnerability Protection for maximum memory usage is 4GB. Learn how to configure the amount of memory available to the VPM.
- Go to the VPM directory (the same directory where Vulnerability Protection.exe is).
- Create a new file called Vulnerability Protection.vmoptions.
- Edit the file by adding the line:
In the example above, “8g” will make 8 GB memory available to the VPM.
- Save the file and restart the VPM.
- Verify the new setting by going to System > System Information and in the System Details area, expand Manager Node > Memory. The Maximum Memory value should now indicate the new configuration setting.