You cannot register Edge Relay server and the following error shows up:
An internal error has occurred. Restart the Edge Relay service (OfcEdgeSvc) and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). Check the Edge Relay server logs for more information (Error code: 4)
Checking the event logs of the Edge server, it shows the Application Event error:
Log Name: Application Source: MSSQL$OFCEDGE Event ID: 18456 Computer: Trendedgerelay Description: Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'dbOfcEdgeMaster'[CLIENT: ].
The issue is due to Edge server reinstallation. During the uninstallation, the database was not deleted and it will fail to create the db during the installation. Because of this, if you open the database using SQL Management Studio, you will not find the dbOfcEdgeMaster database.
If the same build of the Edge server is going to be used during installation, you can just attach the db:
- Open SQL Management Studio and connect to the SQL database.
- Right-click Databases, then Attach.
- Under databases to attach, click Add.
- Browse the location of the dbOfcEdgeMaster_Primary database files. The default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL server\MSSQL10_10_50.OFCEDGE\MSSQL\DATA.
- Select the dbOfcEdgeMaster_Primary.mdf file and click OK.
- Restart the OfficeScan Edge Relay service.
- Try to register the Edge Relay server again from the OfficeScan Management console.