This article discusses how to check the TLS v1.1 and 1.2 support capability of the OfficeScan server with a remote MSSQL server as its database.
To check for TLS v1.1 and 1.2 support capability:
- Check if TLS v1.1 and 1.2 protocol are supported or not:
- On the OfficeScan server, create an empty text document on the Desktop.
- Modify the file extension to ".udl".
- Double-click the file.
- Go to the Provider tab and click SQL Server Native Client 11.0.
- Go to the Connection tab and input the remote SQL server address, User name, and Password.
- Click Test Connection.
If the error message shows "Encryption not supported" on the client, TLS v1.1 and 1.2 may not be supported on the server.
For newer versions of Windows Server OS, the error would show as "TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
- Follow the procedures in the following article to update the Windows OS: Communication between OfficeScan (OSCE) and Smart Protection Server (SPS) using TLSv1.2.
- Update the OfficeScan server to OfficeScan XG SP1.
- Update the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client to at least build 11.3.6538.0. It can be downloaded from the following page: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Native Client - QFE.
- Verify if the connection between OfficeScan and MSSQL server is working or not.
- If the issue persists, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.