This article discusses how to check the TLS v1.1 and 1.2 support capability of the OfficeScan server with a remote MSSQL server as its database.
To check for TLS v1.1 and 1.2 support capability:
- Check if TLS v1.1 and 1.2 protocol are supported or not:
- On the OfficeScan server, create an empty text document on the Desktop.
- Modify the file extension to ".udl".
- Double-click the file.
- Go to the Provider tab and click SQL Server Native Client 11.0.
- Go to the Connection tab and input the remote SQL server address, User name, and Password.
- Click Test Connection.
If the error message shows "Encryption not supported" on the client, TLS v1.1 and 1.2 may not be supported on the server.
- Follow the procedures in the following article to update the Windows OS: Communication between OfficeScan (OSCE) and Smart Protection Server (SPS) using TLSv1.2.
- Update the OfficeScan server to OfficeScan XG SP1.
- Update the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client to at least build 11.3.6538.0. It can be downloaded from the following page: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Native Client - QFE.
- Verify if the connection between OfficeScan and MSSQL server is working or not.
- If the issue persists, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.