This article provides the workaround and resolution for a known issue that you may experience when importing images for use in the sandbox environment of Deep Discovery Inspector (DDI), Deep Discovery Analyzer (DDAN) or Deep Discovery Email Inspector (DDEI) prepared using Virtual Box 5.2.x
When uploading a sandbox/Virtual Analyzer image to a Deep Discovery Appliance, you may incounter an issue if the image/OVA was created using VirtualBox 5.2.x.x.
- DDAN: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. If the issue persists, contact your support provider. (Error code: 1000)
- DDEI: An unexpected error occurred. If the issue persists, contact your support provider. (Error code: 1099)
- Import the image into Virtual Box 5.1.30
- Export the image again from Virtual Box 5.1.30
- Retry the import of the OVA to Deep Discovery Appliance
This issue has now been resolved by updating the Deep Discovery Appliances to the latest Hotfix versions component to support OVAs created using VirtualBox 5.2.x.x
● DDI 3.8 SP5 latest Hotfix 2101
● DDI 5.0 Hotfix 2064
● DDAN 6.0 GM version
● DDAN 5.8 Hotfix 1220
● DDEI 2.6 Hotfix 1347
● DDEI 3.0 Patch 1
Download links to these Hot fixes can be requested from Trend Micro Technical Support by filing a suppport case.