Installing or upgrading to Deep Security Manager 10.3 may fail and one of the following errors may appear:
The database could not be read. Please check your database connection settings and network connectivity.
Domain authentication requires that you configure both the Deep Security Manager server's operating system and domain controller, too.
Unable to connect to the database. An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. If the issue persists, contact your support provider. Integrated authentication failed. ClientConnectionID: <id_number>
The error message shows when using domain user to login to the Microsoft SQL Server during installation or upgrade. Below are the workarounds to prevent the error.
When installing a new Deep Security Manager 10.3, do the following:
- Specify the SQL server's FQDN hostname on the Hostname field.
- Click Advanced button.
- On the SQL Server Advanced Options window, specify the FQDN domain on the Domain field.
When upgrading to Deep Security Manager 10.3, do the following:
- Before upgrading, set the following parameters in C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Deep Security Manager\webclient\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\dsm.properties file:
Below is an example:
- Run the Deep Security Manager 10.3 installer.
- Choose Upgrade when prompted.