When you try to install a hot fix for OfficeScan XG, you receive the following error:
The target OfficeScan server is not version OfficeScan XG. HotFix installation aborts. Check program version – 11.0 (Failed)
Upon checking the TmPatch.log, it shows the following:
-> Check program version
[2018-05-07:16:42:44]*** Warning: Item 'Check1.CustomizedFailureMsg' not found in Section 'ProductInstall.CheckRequirement.1' !
- 11.0 (Failed)
[2018-05-07:16:42:44]AskOK=The target OfficeScan server is not version OfficeScan XG. HotFix installation aborts.
The logs denote that the checking of version for OfficeScan has failed since the Program_Version parameter from ofcscan.ini has an inaccurate value.
To resolve this issue:
- Log on to the OfficeScan server as administrator or with an administrator-level account.
- Back up and edit the ofcscan.ini file under the ..\PCCSRV installation directory.
- Go to the [INI_PROGRAM_VERSION_SECTION] section and edit the following part:
Program_Version = 11.0
Change the above parameter value from "11.0" to "12.0".
- Save the changes made to the ofcscan.ini file.
- Restart the OfficeScan Master Service and check the registry if it reflects the correct version.
Registry Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\service\Information
Value = 12.0
- Once you've confirmed that it's already on 12.0 (i.e. XG) version, kindly proceed to the hot fix installation again and verify the result.